A British boxer who has held multiple regional heavyweight championships, including the WBC Silver title since 2017, the WBO International title since 2018, and previously the British title from 2016 to 2017 is named for Dillian Whyte. He is ranked as the world’s fifth-best active heavyweight by The Ring magazine and the Transnational Boxing Rankings Board, and sixth by BoxRec as of June 2019. He is also a former kickboxing champion, having held the BIKMA British super-heavyweight title and the European K1 title, and has competed professionally in mixed martial arts (MMA). Overall, he is a very talented boxer.
Dillian Whyte: Positive substance test rocks boxing
Heavyweight champion Deontay Wilder has issued a brutal statement in response to a “donkey” rival’s reported positive test scandal. Dillian Whyte has reportedly tested positive for a banned substance, leaving the heavyweight division in disarray. On the same day heavyweight monster Deontay Wilder accepted Whyte as the next challenger to his WBC heavyweight crown, the London slugger’s career was cast into doubt. His A-sample tested positive for at least one banned substance when tested by UK Anti-Doping (UKAD) just days before his interim title fight unanimous decision win over Oscar Rivas at London’s O2 Arena on Sunday morning (AEST). Those plans and the short-term future of the heavyweight division are now completely up in the air. Wilder took a savage swipe at Whyte after hearing world of the positive test on Thursday, labeling his rival a “donkey of the year”.
Early Life of Dillian Whyte
On 11th April 1988, Dillian Whyte was born in Port Antonio, Portland, Jamaica. His nationality is Jamaican-British and his ethnicity is Mixed. As of 2019, he celebrated his 31st birthday. He moved with his family to the United Kingdom at 12 years of age in 1990. His paternal grandfather was an Irishman named Patrick Whyte, who emigrated to Jamaica from Dublin, Ireland. There is no exact information regarding his parents, siblings, education, and more. Only it has been disclosed that his mother’s name is Jane Whyte.
Body Measurements of Dillian White
Dillian White is a very handsome boxer with an athletic body build. He has got a perfect height matching his weight. He has a tall height of 6 ft 4 in or 193 cm and his balanced body weight is 258 pounds. His other body measurements such as bicep size, waist size, and more have not been revealed yet. Overall he has got a charming smile on his lips attracting a lot of people towards him.
The career of Dillian Whyte
- Whyte started his career as a kickboxer.
- As a professional kickboxer, he became a two-time British heavyweight kickboxing champion by claiming the BIKMA Super Heavyweight British Championship title.
- He was also ranked UK’s No 1 for five years in his weight category of 95 kg and he also won the European K1 championship.
- His blossoming career in kickboxing ended with a K-1 record of 20-1.
- On 6th December 2008, he made his professional MMA debut at the Ultimate Challenge MMA, where he challenged and trounced Mark Stroud 12 seconds into the first round.
- He later returned to amateur boxing in 2009 where he defeated Anthony Joshua by unanimous decision after 3 rounds.
- His amateur career was cut short following a dispute with ABA regarding his kickboxing background and so he turned professional in 2011, despite the disapproval of his trainers.
- He was banned in 2012 for using a stimulant drug called Methylhexaneamine (MHA).
- He was given a two-year ban, although he filed an appeal to establish that he didn’t purposely take the drugs.
- His appeal was accepted on that ground but rejected on the basis that he did not do enough to check to ascertain the contents and ingredients in the supplement he purchased, therefore the ban was not reduced.
- This was announced by the Chairman of the appeal tribunal at one of the appeals.
- Before, he had had over 5 boxing matches, where he claimed victory in all.
- On 12th October 2014, the ban was lifted and he was back in the rings, better and stronger.
- After the ban, his first fight was against Croatian boxer, Ante Verunica on 21st November 2014 at Camden Centre, Kings Cross, London.
- The match lasted two rounds with a stoppage when Dillian Whyte gave a hard shot that knocked Ante out.
- After that, he has gone on to enjoy an amazing career, winning all his fights except for one game against current IBO, WBA, Super IBF, and WBO heavyweight champion, Anthony AJ Joshua on 12th December 2015.
- He has had 26 professional matches, raking up 25 wins; 18 by knockouts, and 7 by decision.
- He stands as the 4th Best Ranked Active Heavyweight in the division after the 22nd December bout.
- At present, he is also known as The Villian and The Body Snatcher is ranked eighth in the world and fourth in the UK at the heavyweight level.
- He also holds the WBC Silver heavyweight title and previously held the British heavyweight title from 2016-2017.
Marital Status (Married), Wife, Children
Whyte is a married person. He has three children, including two boys. He has highlighted his early boxing idols, including Jack Dempsey, Sonny Liston, Archie Moore, Lennox Lewis, Anthony Joshua, and James Toney. On 23rd March 2015, as part of Evelyn Grace Academy’s Sports Week, he appeared alongside footballer Brede Hangeland and rugby union player Natasha Brennan to speak to the students of his profession and to impart advice and provide inspiration.
Net Worth of Dillian Whyte
Dillian Whyte is a very successful person. With such an outstanding career it comes as no surprise that he has risen from the ashes of poverty and financial struggles to have a net worth that is estimated to have risen to a whopping sum of $7 million (£5.51 million). But his exact salary has not been revealed yet but it will be added soon. There is no doubt that he is earning a handsome amount of salary from his profession.